domingo, 9 de agosto de 2009

Telecaster Kit project - 3





When I got the guitar, I tried to make the neck fit in the body of the guitar and it simply wouldn't. I thought that I'd probably have to spend a lot of time sanding the body, but I finally decided that it simply had to fit with no sanding.
So, a little brute force and some sweat and I got to screw the neck. As you can see on the 1st photo, there was a small gap that I didn't like... not that it made the guitar ugly, it was just that I kept thinking how that would affect the sound.
So, I sanded a little bit of the body, and got the neck to fit way better (2nd photo).
The 3rd one is the overall aspect, and the 4th the overall aspect with the pickguard.

Who would have thought that such a small step as bolting on the neck of a guitar would be so hard and sweaty... cause I really had to push the damn thing in!

Nenhum comentário: