sábado, 15 de agosto de 2009

Ratchet - Dealocked


As I had stated after finishing the third one I dove right into the 4th installment of the Ratchet series. It was however, quite inferior to Up Your Arsenal (UPA). The reasons why:
- I said UPA was challenging, you had to jump and point your guns and that required precision... Deadlocked uses an auto-aim mechanism that is interesting, but takes the fun out of the shooting
- The guns are way more powerful! Too powerful in my opinion, as that makes the game easy!
- There is no more platforming, just arena after arena after arena
- There are parts where you ride machines (bikes, ships, etc...) and they suck! The controls are awful
- The story is really simple and not that interesting. The comedy is there, but UPA was so much funnier.

SO, being so much worse, why did I play it to the end? Two reasons:
- UPA was great, Deadlocked is good
- Deadlocked takes 7,5 hours to complete... it's quite short. I can imagine little kids crying over their lost money after they spent 50€ for 8 hours of entertainment. There is replay value, but I never ever ever replay!

Nenhum comentário: