terça-feira, 4 de agosto de 2009

Telecaster kit project - 2




The first thing I did when assembling the guitar was to put the tuners in place. Seemed the easiest part. Not so, as usual :P
The screws were so crappy that 2 of them got almost destroyed in the process of screwing the tuners in. Furthermore, two of the holes were not aligned with the rest, and the result is a visible flaw. It's not the end of the world, but I would still like to correct it.
I asked around... in order to fix this, I need to remove the screws (which will be close to impossible), cover the old holes and drill some new ones.
Plus, I was told that I should not have put the tuners in if I intended to shape the headstock.
But my first job will be to assemble the guitar as is, and make it playable. Only then will I concentrate on the finishing and other details.

Nenhum comentário: