quinta-feira, 21 de maio de 2009

Tropa de Elite


Another great Brazilian movie! Not as violent as I first thought it would be, but as heavy as any movie that deals withe the Brazilian favelas.

I get the whole cops and dealers symbiosis, and I also understand the real need for those above corruption. Their methods are just as hard as the methods used by the dealers.
The favela concept is not that different from the Italian mobs: they "protect" the people around them from violence they bring upon the people.
After a while, a massive Stockholm Syndrome happens: the people sympathize with the dealers.

And here is the story of a captain trying to recruit his replacement: the only problem is that one of the two possible candidates has the heart and spirit, and the other the brains! Great movie, and I have to say, Brazilian movies are growing on me: Cidade de Deus, Tropa de Elite, Carandiru, all violent movies but with great stories supporting them. 10/10

Nenhum comentário: