terça-feira, 14 de abril de 2009

Jimi Hendrix's "Like a Stone" cover


I've listened to quite a lot live recordings by Jimi Hendrix, and I still think his performance at the Monterey Pop Festival can't be beaten. I already knew his worldly famous "All along the Watchtower" cover of a Bob Dylan song, but I didn't know this "Like a Stone" cover.
It probably isn't as famous because it's impossible to mimic Dylan's atypical voice that made this song unique. However, I was marveled by the beginning of the video... Jimi is just having a good time and being a complete genius. Today's guitar genious should take a hint: it's not about how many notes you play per second!

PS: I add this extra video just to prove my point about the Monterey performance... here he is playing "Hey Jo". He's just that good! :D

Nenhum comentário: