terça-feira, 1 de setembro de 2009

Heart Shaped Box


No, this is not a reference to the Nirvana song! This is a book, and a great one!
I bought it because it read in the back something like "guy that collects strange stuff, like a recipe book for cannibals, buys a dead man's suit... and ends up getting a ghost for free". That and the fact that it was a best seller sealed the deal for me.
Mid book I was amazed... the writing style was just great. I got goosebumps several times while reading it at night, because it completely succeeds in transmitting that urgency vibe, that "you got to get out of there" feeling that only the best horror writers get right . I thought to myself "though different, this guy can be the next Stephen King". So I googled him.
Turns out, Joe Hill is Stephen Kings son. I'm referring this as a curiosity, and I won't diminish him to a Stephen King wannabe... he is Joe Hill, and he wrote a really great book.
I'll be keeping an eye on his future work :)

Nenhum comentário: