quinta-feira, 30 de julho de 2009

Judas Unchained - Peter F. Hamilton


I finished the first book the 26th May of 2009. One week to order the next one and another two to finish the book I was reading, and I started this Judas Unchained.
This one takes a new approach: the plot has been set (and it's quite thick with questions needing answers) and there is quite a lot of investigation and plot key points happening.
It builds up a lot, but I kind of saw the end coming... maybe because it was the 3rd book I've read by the author, maybe because he introduces characters in a way that they simply just make sense behaving the way they do. I say this not as a bad thing, it's just that his writing is that good!
So after 2400 pages of this story, I have to say that I feel like I've just read one of the best science fiction stories of our age (I think this last one was first published in 2005). And the fact that Peter F. Hamilton is considered the best British writer nowadays comes as no surprise to me.

PS: I liked it so much that I had 2 or 3 other books that I was planning to read after Pandora's Star, but had to get Judas Unleashed and finish the story as soon as possible.

Nenhum comentário: