segunda-feira, 20 de julho de 2009

Gone greener


Today I was cooking and started doing the math. In the last month I've changed 3 habits that keep making me spend less and less gas and water, and these are the 3 responsible:
1 - the dishwasher is "green" and I make it run on the ecological setting, saving water and electricity (plus saving gas, because I don't have to wash the dishes in the sink)
2 - the grill... I've been eating almost all my food grilled... no gas spent on cooking
3 - the electrical water-heater. No more heating up water for the tea on the stove or microwave, and I even use it to heat up water for cooking (saving gas in the process)

I think that if I do my energy balance after these 3 changes, I'm probably not saving that much. But electrical energy is "greener" than gas. So this are 3 small steps I've taken :) Feel free to sugest more simple steps like these! :D

3 comentários:

Low Rider disse...

"2 - the grill... I've been eating almost all my food grilled... no gas spent on cooking
3 - the electrical water-heater. No more heating up water for the tea on the stove or microwave, and I even use it to heat up water for cooking (saving gas in the process)"

Mas tu sabes que a electricidades não nasce nas árvores?????

Rik disse...

Sim sei, mas a eficiencia de uma resistencia electrica é muito maior do que queimar gás para aquecer alguma coisa.

Para além de que a electricidade pode vir de uma fonte limpa.

Vasco Névoa disse...

At least 16% of Portuguese electricity is coming from renewable sources, and this number keeps growing.
http://www.renovaveis.tecnopt.com/qual-a-percentagem-de-energia-renovavel/
You're going the right way. :)