domingo, 14 de junho de 2009

Solaris


This movie was recommended to me once again on a Martini night chatting with my friends. It was on my "To Watch" list for quite some time, so I decided it was time :P

The movie is quite slow paced, but still I found that some details were probably missing. I really liked the way the story is told, switching between past life and present on the space station. And I also liked the concept of the "visitors". I loved the existential doubts that haunted the "visitors".
And the thing I liked the most, but found that it was a concept the movie was not focusing on, was the "every time we scan the planet, it scans us back". It hints to an intelligent existence that the human mind simply can not understand. The use of "visitors" feels as a tool the intelligence is using to study humans. However, the focus of the movie goes mainly to the relationship between the main character and his wife.

I liked it, and I think it's a strong movie... not a must see, but a "watch if you feel like thinking about stuff". 7/10

Nenhum comentário: