quinta-feira, 11 de junho de 2009

My Kubuntu Adventure - The Saga Continues


So I decided to continue updating my blog with some trouble I come across while exploring Kubuntu (and solutions hopefully). It's just that some of this information was kind of hard to dig out, and are mainly workarounds, not solutions.

1 - I needed to download some e-books to decide which one to buy -> emule is the best source for books I've found -> amule is the Linux version of it -> won't install via Kpackage => must be installed using "apt-get install amule" on terminal
2 - Quessel IRC does not support XDCC transfers (or at least, it wouldn't prompt me to accept files, and transfers would just time out) -> tried looking for IRC clients for Linux, found a bunch but they were all old and not that functional => Firefox add-on Chatzilla :)
(for those of you wondering why IRC and why XDCC, you'd be amazed the things you can download from bots on IRC)

3 - KPackage will block most updates -> it's a problem with KPackage that should be updating using "apt-get update" before checking for updates or something like that => Installed Synaptic and dropped KPackage, as it has too many bugs!

So the saga continues :) so far I must say that I am surprised. I thought that I would be running away from this laptop constantly due to limitations, but I haven't.

Nenhum comentário: