quinta-feira, 8 de outubro de 2009

The Burning Plain


This Burning Plain has three things going for it: the way the story is told and the romantic duo Kim Bassinger/Joaquim de Almeida, the story.
The first: the story is told alternating between the past-past, the past and the present. It's up to the viewer to order it, but I thought it to be rather easy, making the story quite predictable.
The second: never thought I'd say this, but they made a real passionate duo on screen.
The third: it's about two complicated love stories, with a lot of tough subjects thrown in the middle, and a lot of things you'd not expect from a romantic movie. It's definitely not a happy movie.

It's a good movie. I think great movies will make you sit back on a sunday afternoon and watch it on TV. I don't see myself doing that 4 years from now.

Nenhum comentário: